An experienced Technical Implementation Engineer with 2.4 years of experience in Energy Management & Smart Metering Solutions in Landis+Gyr, USA. Graduated with a M.S in Electrical Engineering from North Carolina State University, USA. Worked in technical domains such as Advanced Metering Infrastructure, Internet of Things, Smart Electric Meters, Gas, & Water deployment.
Technical Implementation Engineer, Landis+Gyr, Alpharetta, GA April 2018 – July 2020
- Developed subject matter expertise in 2-way AMI electric technology (single and 3-phase energy meters), Gas/Water, and communication technologies (RF, Cellular, Zigbee, TCP/IP networking), particularly in the hardware domain.
- Participated in response teams for root cause analysis of system problems identified during the deployment and proactively followed through on all technical issues worked through CRM and TFS
- Performed on-site System Acceptance Testing, First Article Testing, and Smoke Testing for products before deployment
- Owned lab/test environments to support deployment organization, & responsible for installing, configuring & troubleshooting head-end application along with field endpoints & network devices
- Created relevant use-case scenarios for enhancing the customer’s AMI deployment project.
- Conducted on-site workshops with the customer and coordinated with SQA, Product Management, Hardware, Firmware & Software Engineering teams to deliver high quality technical solutions to the customer.
- Engineered, tested and documented over the air firmware and metrology upgrade strategies that mitigated risk based on customer configurations & met the SLA’s as per customer’s contractual specifications.
ON-SITE PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE WITH UTILITY CUSTOMERS:
Colorado Springs Utility, Colorado Springs, USA
- Created a test plan for electric, gas & water devices to complete the First Article testing
- Responsible for resolving on-site technical issues and driving 200+ tests within a 3-month schedule
- Collaborated for the RF noise analysis & allocation of devices in the test farm for deploying high efficiency RF networ
- Conducted knowledge sharing sessions on two-way gas & electric technology with the customer
Ameren Illinois, St Louis, USA:
- Worked as an on-site subject matter expert on Residential & Commercial RF Mesh & Mesh IP Gas Meter Deployment
- Supported customer testing on gas modules, and investigated the issues reported during testing
- Lead a team of 5 Implementation Engineers to perform the upgrade of 2200 Gas modules
- Actively supported multiple critical cases during deployment, presented the resolutions to the technical management, and assisted in driving the project successfully to completion phase.
REMOTE SUPPORT: Pennsylvania Power & Lights, Cleco Corporation, Oncor Electric, Epcor Utilities & Austin Energy:
- Supported over the air reprogramming, firmware upgrades of electric meters deployed in the network
- Escalated technical issues to SQA & Software teams and acted as a liaison between customer and R&D team.
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA
Aug 2015 – May 2017 – Master of Science in Electrical Engineering – emphasis on RF Design, Computer Networks, Internet of Things
MIT College of Engineering, University of Pune,
Aug 2010 – May 2014- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
RELEVANT COURSEWORK PROJECTS:
Study of IoT-A system architecture for Smart city environment & public welfare
- Collected business & technical requirements, designed UML – domain, information and feedback model diagrams.
- Created relevant use-case scenarios & provided solutions for implementation of IoT architecture in a smart city.
Demonstration of energy saving street lighting based on traffic density using PWM technique
- Successfully achieved about 40% power savings using LED lighting with auto intensity control and PWM technique.
Study & Simulation of TCP/IP & Application layer protocols using Wireshark
Electrical/Utility domain: 2-way Electric meters, Gas meters & Water modules, Distribution Automation, RF, Zigbee, 6LoWPAN, Cellular, TCP/IP networking protocols, HAN devices, (Routers, Collectors, Gateway, Network Bridge) configuration, Meter Firmware & Metrology, Security, Electric Metering concepts, Metering Standards, Smart Grid
Software & Tools: MS SQL, Servers, Databases, Oracle, Wireshark, CRM, TFS, JIRA/Confluence, Putty/Teraterm emulator, MS Office Suite, Microsoft Azure, Technical Writing, Basic Programming in C and Python, Specific smart metering softwares/tools such as Radioshop, ETM, Tech Studio, 1132, BepConfig
Correspondent, NC State Student Media, “Technician”, NC State University,
Raleigh, USA – Aug 2015 – July 2016 – Wrote and edited weekly opinion columns, content creation, and proof checking as per AP style, WordPress publishing, blogging, social media etc.
LEADERSHIP & INVOLVEMENT:
Volunteer, Art of Living
Jan 2016 – Present – Demonstrated leadership skills by organizing courses, content creation, presentation, active customer interaction etc.
Fountain Hall, NC State University, Raleigh, USA
Student Information Assistant – Jan 2016 – May 2017 – Gained inter-communication and organization skills while working for 20 hrs/wk under full course load
Disability Services Office, NC State University, Raleigh, USA – Access Assistant Aug 2015 – Dec 2015 – Provided academic assistance to in class students as a note taker using Livescribe smart pen tool and software.